Sunday, May 19, 2013

April's Love, Lust Loathe...


Being a makeup addict, I'm always looking for new products to try which means I come across products i end up loving, products I really want to buy and some that totally disappoint me! I thought it would be a great idea to create an ongoing series of posts documenting my loves, lusts and loathes of each month. I know we're quite into May but I just couldn't wait till the end of the month to post about this so here goes last months view!


LOVE


Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation:
Although this foundation cost me a steep £39 I have to say its a miracle worker. I have quite a few scars from previous blemishes and I literally only needed a pump and a half to cover most of my imperfections. The best part of this foundation is its natural looking finish, when I wore this foundation most of my friends complemented me and said it didn't even look like I was wearing foundation which is always the best complement! I understand that a lot of people wouldn't be prepared to pay £39 pounds for a foundation but if you're looking for something to invest in I highly recommend!



L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes:
I have been using this mascara for a few years now, but it has never been in my everyday makeup routine. However, it's ability to make my lashes full and defined has drawn me to using it a lot more regularly recently. I've really been into mascara and bold lips recently, so this mascara is perfect for achieving this look. It's perfectly affordable at £10.99 and in my opinion meets expectations for many luxury brands! There are quite a few variations to this range most of which I have tried, but I always recommend the original version. 


LUST


Chanel Bronze Universal:
Growing up watching youtube gurus constantly praise this product, it has always drawn me to one day owning this beauty. It claims to be able to be suited to all skin tones, however I have seen a few make up artists use this for other purposes than a bronzer on darker skin tones. Chanel is known for it's luxury and extravagance so I can be reassured that spending £30 on a bronzer is somewhat justifiable. One day..

LOATHE

Clinique Even Better Foundation:
Having read almost 5/5 reviews for this product on every blog I could find on the internet I was convinced that this foundation would be perfect for covering my blemish scars whilst improving them. However a series of unfortunate events made this product a definite loath for me. Starting from my shade, unfortunately for me the sales artist that tested my colour was a very convincing and managed to convince me that this orangey looking shade was intact my colour. Now in my defence the lighting in the store did in fact make my skin look like it was my shade (I know rookie mistake). Then, to my dismay when I tried it out the next day with my usual primer and finishing powder I found nothing would stop my face looking an orange greasy mess! Finally, the cherry on top of what seems like a disastrous trial was that instead of improving my skin, I actually suffered a small breakout from this foundation. Suffice to say, I have steered strongly away from this foundation since then and there a loathe it is.







No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig