Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Thread Of The Gatsby Era


I love The Great Gatsby, having studied it for my A Level Literature course, I have always been amazed and captivated by the luxury and scandal lives of those living in that era. Following the close release of the new remake The Great Gatsby, I've become enthralled by the wonderfully extravagant nature of fashion of the 1920's. Just like myself, there are many of you out there dying to try out this iconic dapper look that was sported by the likes of Daisy Buchanan herself! 

It seems, Needle and Thread an exclusive brand introduced by Asos.com has been bitten by the Gatsby bug more than me. Their styles mirror the era of Gatsby Fashion, and I must say i'm completely smitten! Here are a few of my favourites..







1920's fashion focused on elegance and extravagance, women of that era wanted to look expensive and pure. Needle and Thread have emulated this, through drop waist hemlines, and heavy embroidery. I love how Needle and Thread has kept their designs current and wearable, with split hems and fitted waists. I have to say i'm immensely impressed at how well these designs are, my only setback would be the extremely hefty price tag for the usual shopper. Having said this, the amount of intricate detail and effort put into these wonderful designs really do match the prices quite well. 

So for all you ladies out there dying to recreate the lavish styles of Daisy and Myrtle, have a look at the high street, brands like Zara and H&M have also introduced pieces the help you on your way to become your man's very own Daisy Buchanan.

xox


Disclaimer: All pictures have been taken from Asos.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig