Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dramatic Red Carpet Makeup




Taking inspiration from Sonam Kapoor's makeup for the Cannes premiere of The Great Gatsby (above)  I created a makeup look thats quite dramatic. 




Face:
Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation  - Shade 7
MAC Select Coverup Concealer - NC40
MAC Archie's Girls - Veronica's Blush
Sleek Luminous Powder - 03 (bronzer)
MAC Studio Careblend Powder - Medium/Dark

Eyes:
MAC Tempting
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette - Dark Plum Colour & Pink Highlight Colour
Soap And Glory Liner Pen - Black
L'oreal Voluminous Millions Mascara - Black
Sleek Storm Palette (black eyeshadow on the waterline over pencil)
Rimmer Khol Pencil Liner  - Black

Lips:
MAC Rebel Lipstick
Revlon Orchid Lipstick (centre of lips)


I opted for a plum tone for the lip to make it more wearable for me, I also kept the liner thicker and slightly shorter along the eye mostly because Sonam's look was very dramatic. Overall I think this look is definitely not for everyone but with an outfit as extravagant as Sonam's I wouldn't mind pushing the boat out either!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig