Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rosey Hues & A Top Product Alert




I was completely inspired by the makeup used on Burberry's catwalk, the use of rose tones and soft blush colours is totally something I'm into. I love playing up my eyes so I leaped at the chance to give this trend a try. Taking this as an opportunity to try out new products I went to the shops and bought a whole load of sleek eyeshadow 
palettes. To recreate the element of rose tones into the eye makeup I used a dark purple matte along the crease to start with and then blended a dark navy matte on top for more depth. I then used a rosy gold pink shade on the centre of the eye and blended a soft gold on top to soften the whole look. 





Here is how it turned out...






Face:
L'oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - SB12
YSL Touche Eclate - 3
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NC40
Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
MAC Bronzing Powder - Matte Bronze

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sleek Ultra Matte V2 Palette
Sleek Oh So Special Palette
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Collection 2000 White Kohl Eyeliner
MAC Zoom Black Lash Mascara
Rimmel London Brow Pencil - Medium Brown

Lips:
Rimmel London Lip Liner - Tiramisu
MAC Lipstick - Please Me


I am so surprised by how pigmented the eyeshadows were in the Sleek palette. For £7.99 its such a bargain and having stuck by Urban Decay eyeshadows for so long, it's nice to have finally found something that not gonna break my bank. Although some colours were a little washed out when applied directly from the palette, after a couple spritz of mac studio fix plus, all the shades seem to have a new found life especially the shimmer tones. I definitely recommend these palettes for summer I know I will be buying a lot more soon!



post signature




Disclaimer: Only pictures watermarked with makeupbykrishie are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig