Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Kim K Glow.


Hey guys! I just want to start of by apologising for my absence on here the past couple of weeks I've had so many deadlines to meet for university but now it's finally finished I can actually enjoy the summer! So I am a massive fan of Kim Kardashian's makeup, I love how her skin always looks glowing and polished and it's something I like to practice myself particularly on a night out. I have to say this isn't a natural look, I've use more products than what I usually use but it's a great look for a glamorous night out. The picture below is the pic I went by mostly to recreate her makeup, I went by a couple of pictures but this one was the only one I saved. 

Here's how the look turned out..









As you can see, its a super glam makeup look. I used Smashbox BB Cream Eyes concealer to contour and highlight. I just find the consistency of the product is lovely and creamy so it blends beautifully into the skin. 

A few tips I would give to anyone trying to contour and highlight is;
- start with cream products and set with powders for a more natural finish
- blend highlight colour down and contour colour up, so that they eventually meet 
- blend, blend, blend!! -  the more you blend the more natural it will look. 

I also added MAC's Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish on top of the highlight to create an extra glow. Kim uses a lot of neutral colours and the eyes and always have some form of false lashes on. To emulate this, I have added a pair of Katy Perry - Feline Fierce lashes on which I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by! I wore them to work a couple of times and have received so many compliments from customers and my friends. To top it all off I put some nude gloss on the lips because glossy nude lips are a trademark Kim special. This kind of makeup is really up my street and I've really enjoyed creating it. I am currently working on youtube videos at the moment and will be posting one up in the next couple of months. Hope you guys liked this look and are enjoying your summer!

Shop The Look!

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation - 3.15
Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer 
Smashbox BB Cream Eyes - Light & Dark
MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter - Bright Forecast
MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer - 53
MAC Prep and Prime Pressed Powder
MAC Studio Fix Plus
Sleek Garden of Eden Palette
Urban Decay Smoked Palette - Backdoor
MAC Temptation Eyeshadow
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash
Rimmel London Lip Liner - Tiramisu
MAC Lipstick - Honey Love
Bobbi Brown Lipgloss - Pink Seashell

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig